Thursday 4 September 2008

walkabout


So did anyone spot us out and about in our van? Any guesses to where we went? I think Sal might know.


Its Devon of course. This is Ashburton, don't you just love the bunting! I had to stop by a shop that Sal had recommended odds and suds check out their website to see the loveliness.


This sort of shop make my senses go wild, however I very rarely buy anything, which is frustrating. It all looks so good its sometimes hard to imagine how something would look in your own home. I think a lot of the time I don't buy things because I think I could make it myself, I can't be alone in this reasoning? I do love supporting artists who make handmade originals but generally I just enjoy admiring. So I had to buy something!





Bigbury on sea.

Burgh island

Hope cove~thatched village.


We rambled through Dartmoor in the rain and came by some unusual river crossings! Yes I made it across even if I did get a booty!

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

I recognise that window. IS that on Burgh Island?? The little abandoned chapel on top? We went to Bigbury/Burgh on Mother's Day. Left mum in the car having a post-lunch nap while we took the kids across to the island. And the tide came in so fast we had to have a whip round so we could go on the sea tractor.
Must go to Ashburton one day. It always looks so lovely whenever Sal has been.

Selfsewn said...

Yes it is Burgh island the sea tractor looked great fun!

Simone said...

Thanks for the walkabout!

Sal said...

Oooh you should have called in to see us ;-)

this is my patch said...

Lucky you, we haven't made it as far West this year, I have enjoyed looking at your photos though, a good substitute. You must have had a great time, even in the rain. I am exactly the same in shops, infact I become overwhelmed and just don't know what to buy in the end, and when you have a man in tow, time is limited! x

Mrs Jelly said...

Your camper-van swap partner has been chosen!
See my blog for details