Friday 15 August 2008

philosophical potato


Whilst digging up my spuds I had a song playing in my head. It was 'tragedy', as half of my beautiful potatoes were scabby/blighty. I suppose I was already feeling a little melancholy the bad spuds did not help. Its just my luck of late; I've come to realise that I'm a jack of all trades but master of none.
So I sat in the sun wearing my jeans and jumper, I don't seem to be able to 'get' this summer.
My conclusion: The plants in my garden that grow best are generally the ones that I pay little attention to, they scramble away quite contentedly all on their own.
Therefore I need to focus on what comes naturally to me and concentrate less on my failings in life.


Thank heavens for the little troopers~ my raspberries.

5 comments:

Sal said...

My garden has really suffered this summer. My sunflowers are not in bloom, my sweet peas are a disaster, my geraniums hate the wet..and so it goes on !!
And the grass is far too wet to mow! Grrrrr!!
Nice raspberries! ;-)

Sal said...

P.S. I have left you an award on my blog ;-)

Simone said...

I agree! The plants that I pay little attention to such as blackberries, apples and plums have done ok on their own. The only problem is that the plums have been obliterated by the snails!!!

Country Cottage Chic said...

My poor tomato plants are getting more naked by the day - they have mildew so I keep cutting off the pathetic brown leaves, but they are still producing a good crop of fruit & my courgettes are growing like mad - they're coming out of our ears!

this is my patch said...

I have lost so many plants over the years, and money! The plants that I know thrive I now just multiply around the garden. I also keep away from plants that are the slug's favourites too. x