Wednesday 4 February 2009

the quilt

Its February already!
My new year creativeness has turned into a bit of a fabric hunting obsession for my quilt.
I have resorted to scouring ebay which can be a little frustrating and sometimes the fabric is not what you expect.
I do love the print below its a Liberty piece called Geralds circles.
The quality of this fabric is crazy, its almost like silk, which makes the piecing of the patchwork quite crisp, if not a little slippy!




This is another Liberty print, that I'm not so sure I like, I guess I could always sell it back!
Its the strawberry thief print.

This is a bigger piece, I thought I might make some cushions to go on the bed.
I love the way you can make patterns depending on how you cut the fabric.



I have just bought another fabric and I'm bidding on more, its quite tricky to know if they will all go together, but I guess that's the beauty of patchwork.



Here it is so far. Its not the final arrangement. I need some paler fabrics.
I have however tacked all the white hexagons to their templates so they are good to go!
phew!!!



To round off this morning/afternoon (whoops),
I have won Marys giveaway!!!!

Thankyou !!


11 comments:

Lisa said...

I do like that floral lilac fabric.
Good luck with your new project.
Lisa x

Country Cottage Chic said...

Lovely fabric & a long term project I think! It's looking great already.

Mary Poppins said...

I adore your new pretties, you are very clever mylady and I too love the shapes and cant wait to see how it all goes.

You are very welcome and I look forward to sending your goodies

Love

Mary

X

Country Bliss said...

Lovely fabrics especially the rose one. Congratulations on winning the giveaway.
Yvonne x

Simone said...

So you do patchwork as well as paint?!!! You are very talented Clare (as if you need me to tell you so)! I am looking forward to seeing the end result. Very interesting shapes you are using too.

Sal said...

It's going to look really lovely!!
;-)

JuliaB said...

That's lovely!! I particularly like the rosy star! x

Poppy said...

How clever are you, is there anything you can’t do!
I love the fabric so pretty; I can’t wait to see it done!
Love Lou xxx

Mary Poppins said...

Thank you for your lovely e mail, I have emailed you too

Thank you too so much for your very kind comments, means so much and i know what you mean, it for sure has become an obsession with me, so i had to rein it in for the sake of my family

DH is going to give me a clocking in and out card, you know 1 hr per day :)

Love

Mary

X

jo said...

Can't wait to see the finished item. Love the fabric with the roses on.
JO XX

Teena Vallerine said...

I thought your header was a tile pattern. I think the rosy star would look just perfect on my bathroom wall -have you thought of printing tiles! You have made the whole far more than the sum of the parts! I don't always like the Morris fabrics for Liberty but love that purple strawberry thief and that other fabric - drool! t.x