Thursday 12 February 2009

dont believe the hype





Humorous Ikea joke goes here...




Ikea opened a new store in Southampton today, and as I was in town I thought I'd pop in.
The first time I went to Ikea was over 10 years ago, so I know the in-store protocol, however they had us chasing around the car park in a queue which was quite humorous. I think actually I spent more time queuing than I did in the store, and I only queued for 15 minutes or so.!
As for freebies the only thing I got was a bite size dime bar sweet, (remember Dime bars? Are they still around?). They had advertised that you could spin a wheel at your checkout and win your shopping, yet at noon they announced their first winner, not good odds then!!

Ok so I'm giving Ikea a bad time, it is great for first time buyers and the odd bargain, and as I look around we probably have something from Ikea in every room; I just want a bit more excitement and individuality when I shop.



Nobody else went home with this pretty today!



6 comments:

Poppy said...

How funny I did IKEA today!
I was not in the shop that long; I got a few bits not much though!
And how did you manage to get a Dime bar I got nothing!
Love Lou xxx

JuliaB said...

I know what you mean. Ikea = functional but not always pretty. x

Bertie Meadows said...

So true, you can't beat at bit of individuality. Love the colour of your polka dot jug.
Bertie x.

jo said...

Not keen on Ikea myself either, sometimes the fabric is good value though. Saturdays at Ikea I have never seen so many kids in one shop at one time, needless to say we avoid it. Give me the charity shop anytime.

Country Bliss said...

I've never been in an Ikea the nearest one to us is a few hours drive away.
Love the jug.
Yvonne x

silverpebble said...

There are some bargains to be had but your pretty jug would win for me every time. Dime bars? Thought they'd disappeared!