Sunday 24 August 2008

olympic quilter


This week I have finally started to piece together my jumbled grandmothers flower garden patchwork, mainly thanks to the awful weather and the Olympics. I think I would win a bronze for my efforts. I realised half way through that it looks like a nursery quilt, I live in hope!
The colourway reminds me of the film Amelie, with its red/green tones. I'm hoping that I can fade the colours if I hang it on the line in bright sun...

Whilst I'm on the subject of patchwork I thought I would share my treasured book. I borrowed this book from the library, (yes I still use the library, mainly now to read amateur gardener!!)
I loved it, and wanted to own it, so this turned out to be my first purchase on ebay. Its got gorgeous photos, just my cup of tea!



2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Yay!! Keep up with the quilting comment - you might give me enough inspiration to quilt the patchwork I made about... er... umpteen yeats ago. I've always wanted a lovelysoft and battered quilt to snuggle up with but cjickened out and attached mine to a duvet cover. I've now got some wadding so have no excuse really...

Simone said...

Don't be hard on yourself you have done a wonderful job on the quilt. I wish I could produce something like that. I absolutely love the look of that book you have. I especially like the tablecloth quilt with the rocking horse. I may have to get my hands on that book!