Thursday 28 August 2008

a moment of calm

verbena bonwhatsit and agastache

I've come in from the garden to try to calm my nerves. Its that feeling I get in the spring of being instantly overwhelmed by the garden. I feel like I'm in a movie where the camera spins around to capture that moment, that moment of sheer bewilderment. I do love gardening but a large garden doth not make a better gardener.
My problem is I want a lush green cottage garden like you see in the magazines., and I want it now! However this is only my 3rd year in this garden, looking back through my photos it really has changed beyond recognition.

the ugly duckling
to almost a swan..



Do you remember that climber I asked about, well its absolutely gorgeous. I still don't know what it is, I asked my neighbour who thinks she got it from a plant fair, so quite unusual.

Lastly whilst reading amateur gardener in the library again, I found out that the new gardeners world presenter is Toby Buckland, the juries out to whether I approve yet!

3 comments:

this is my patch said...

I've posted my tree of happiness, thank you again for passing it on to me. As I have mentioned it couldn't have come at a better time for me. I have mentioned GW in my post too. I think the word you are looking for is bonariensis, another self-seeder! I haven't got agastache in my garden, one for the endless list! Your garden really is lovely and such a contrast to mine, I have no lawn, just horrible 1970s paving slabs which will have to go! I am looking forward to getting to know more about your lovely plants and garden. x

Anonymous said...

Thankyou SO much for my blog award! Really unexpected, especially since my blog is so new! I'm very honoured to have received it.

Guess what? I know what that climber is! It's called Rhodochiton!

Selfsewn said...

OMG thanks silver pebble!!!
Never heard of it!