Thursday 12 June 2008

flower power


I've found that as plants mature they really do produce some magnificent shows. This astrantia was purchased last year from the plant lady who keeps a stall outside her front gate. Unfortunately this year I have nearly all her plants already in the garden. As I'm a thrifter I like to get plants from anywhere, and I'm not ashamed to say that I have taken cuttings from the side of the road and gathered seeds.



More lupins for free!!



A new rose purchase this year. Souvenir du Docteur Jamain. Sorry if thats not spelt right.
This is a rose that so Alan tells me in my GW book is suitable for a shady border so voila.


The all consuming lavender bush!

1 comment:

Sal said...

I adore Lavender. I went to Exeter today and wandered around the Craft fair..I ended up at the plant stall and bought three Lavender plants.The perfume was gorgeous ;-)